Optimization of product listings (Product Listing)
Miracles do not exist. All the brands with the highest number of sales on Amazon have a wide catalog of products. This is what we call a product listing and it is nothing more than all the information available on the product detail pages.
Optimize is also a word that is used very frequently and with it we mean to dedicate time and love to the detail page, constantly reviewing it, consistently and always keeping in mind the fundamental objective that we seek with the product with which we are working.
At Amazing we are very clear about what to optimize and we want to share it with all of you. There are 8 Tips to help Vendors and Sellers to correctly optimize their catalog. Do not forget that you have to be constant and that what is “current” today in 3 weeks is no longer so.
1. Optimization of keywords that is nothing more than the famous keywords. We have Front End (those that are seen) and Back End (those that are not seen but are key for our clients to find us in their searches).
2. Adaptation of titles to Amazon’s own taxonomy. Whether you sell in Vendor or Seller format, there is taxonomy of title to comply or Amazon will reject the publication of the detail sheet. Vendor’s taxonomy is much more inflexible than Seller’s, but it is not decisive for the organic positioning of the product or for the user’s search. The title is key so that the user, when he reads it, considers whether the product corresponds to what he is looking for and therefore he will “click” to find more information about it.
3. Include the technical details of the product. Most of the customers are not considering searching by filters on Amazon seller ungating service. That is to say, those who do not search by words but enter the category of the product they are looking for and there, on the right side, they point out those key aspects that they want their product to contemplate and activate the “search” button. If you have not filled out your product data sheet in full, you will not appear in those searches then you will be losing customers. It is an arduous and boring task but it needs to be done.
4. Incorporation of positive customer comments into the product specifications. Product specifications are the “bullets” that follow the title. It is important that if we detect positive comments in our user ratings or reviews, which have already bought and tried the product from us, we include them as a differentiating aspect. For example, if we are with a product in capsule format, if we observe that everyone says that they are very easy to swallow and of a great size, we include these aspects since they may be the ones that make the client decide on our product and not on that of the competition.
5. Attend to questions and answers about the products. When a customer asks a question related to the product, it is because they are interested. Therefore, it is better for the manufacturer/distributor to be the one to answer this question since their answer will be more professional and credible than that of a user. Users who have bought that product will receive an email from Amazon asking if they can answer the question and, in many cases, they either answer incorrectly or respond with another aspect that has nothing to do with the one being asked. asking and, obviously, as a seller we are not interested.
6. Learn from customers and apply improvements in response to product suggestions or complaints. This aspect is related to the one mentioned in point 4. A lot can be learned from the complaints. Aspects such as, for example, that the product arrived without a seal or that it was not the same as the photo shown, helps us to improve and monitor aspects that at some point we have not spent time on and that thanks to the comments we can stop or get do not happen again.
7. Use descriptions that make you fall in love and tell the story of the product. When a potential customer reaches the description of the product, it is because they need a little push to make the purchase. Therefore, this space is perfect to reaffirm you in the purchase so you have to display all the charms to convince you.
8. Photos adapted to Amazon and visible both on computer and mobile. Yes, it seems obvious but it is not. That the photos can be seen on the mobile phone and on the computer is something that all of us who are dedicated to digital businesses have it very much in mind, but reality is more than fiction. It is very common that it does not happen in Amazon so in Amazing we do not stop repeating it to our clients and controlling it with a magnifying glass. And also, we reiterate the need to have photos adapted to the platform. On the detail page there is space for 7 photos and a video. But it is not about filling all the gaps with just any photo. The photos reinforce the purchase and must meet certain characteristics to be accepted by Amazon and also be relevant.
We will talk about it in another article because it is of vital importance and relevance; affecting in a very direct way the sales of the product.
And these 8 actions must be performed on each of the products in the catalog that we have uploaded on Amazon. Therefore, the importance of a viable and well-planned strategy over time, knowledge of each of the products for sale, knowing how the category in which they are works and daily tracking is essential for the presence on Amazon be profitable and positive for the brand.