It’s not easy managing your business without leads, especially with cases that you have absolutely no background in. Trial and error is not always a good solution when money, time, and effort are involved. If you’re tired of indefinitely waiting for customers to notice your brand, this read might just help you solve your current business problem.
Upgrade your marketing strategies with our 12 expert Amazon keyword tips that will put your well-thought product listing under a marketable spotlight. In this article, we will discuss the common challenges faced by startup and reputable companies alike, and how you can effortlessly optimize your product listings on Amazon.
The practice of opening an online business on an e-commerce site is steadily increasing amidst the digital age and the popularization of a work-from-home setup. While it is enticing to be earning income within the comfort of your home, many online sellers do not realize that several factors can impact business development. The shift from physical stores to online selling has caused drastic changes in the market’s behavior; you’ll need an effective approach towards the direction of the current online marketplace.
To give you a brief overview of what the most common business challenges are, below are the reasons why these factors negatively affect the growth of some businesses on Amazon:
- The global e-commerce market size value is currently at 7,152.12 million USD.
- Many brands can highlight features that make their products stand out.
- Other companies have identified and backed up their USP (Unique Selling Point).
Finding the Right Products to Sell
- Product catalogs will show that almost everything is available on Amazon.
- A lot of businesses have already established creative bundles, deals, and items.
- Market demand constantly changes, so extensive market research is a must.
Acquiring Relevant Traffic
- Businesses that have a relatively higher ranking on the search results are more likely to garner sales than those on the succeeding pages.
- You need to get traffic from potential buyers with every click or visit to your page.
- Analytics are being collected and integrated by the competitors’ advertising team to ensure that they get more relevant traffic.
Customer Conversion of Visitors
- Many businesses can use site visits or clicks to gradually “convert” online users into loyal customers.
- There is an existing roster of good reviews that are displayed on your competitor’s page that solidifies their reliability.
- Competitors that send emails to a large consumer database for product launchings or new arrivals are more likely to pull in customers, preventing recognition of other brands.
- Businesses that offer special discounts, exclusive deals, and seasonal giveaways have a greater likelihood of retaining customers.
- Brands that can maximize the customer satisfaction rate are more likely to be noticed and trusted for their products and services.
- Having low ratings will ward off potential buyers and would redirect them to competitors with relatively higher customer reviews.
- Other companies employ skilled customer service teams that respond quickly to live chats, email inquiries, and social media messaging. This pulls attention away from your business.
Consistency in Sales
- Rapid innovation and technological advancements give many Amazon businesses a hard time adjusting.
- Some companies easily adapt to the new offerings at Amazon and can employ separate specialized teams to address varying concerns.
Return and Refund Policies
- Businesses that are able to quickly replace damaged products or replace an item will challenge your business’ calibre to deliver the same or better services.
- If your brand doesn’t live up to what is advertised, it compromises your brand’s reputation and reliability.
- Good return and refund policies show the care and trustworthiness of a company. Competitors with a refined set of regulations for this matter are given positive consumer reviews or testimonials.
- Businesses that deal with personal information online effectively will put into question the expertise of your team.
- Online hackers are just around the corner which poses a threat to your company’s business websites; competitors that regularly enhance their protection programs immediately pick up their pacing and resume business operations. This steals opportunities away from your brand.
On the other hand, below are some tips which online sellers can employ to positively shape the growth of businesses on Amazon:
- Optimize checkout processes and page loading speeds; keep it at 4 seconds or even faster. This will invite viewership conversion.
- Avoid staying traditional. It is unwise when engaging in the e-commerce industry; be sure to adapt to the current media trends.
- Incorporate a rewards system. Appreciating clients with thank you gifts or discounts speaks volumes when it comes to your customer retention approach.
- Reinforce your customer’s trust in your brand by enhancing your shop’s checkout tab. Confirm the use of payment information, and cite a guarantee of your clients’ data privacy.
Amazon Keyword Optimization Tips
Relying on luck shouldn’t be the anchor for your business’ success. There are marketing strategies that can make your dreams of flourishing in the business sector come true. You just need to have the right cards in hand and have a game plan prepared. Start by having the right definition of what will give your products the attention it deserves through rankings and what will increase your sales in the long run: a keyword research system.
The meaning of a product listing on Amazon is centered on a wide collection of brands, found in a “product catalog” with the highest number of sales. This concept captures what a product listing is in a nutshell. Optimizing your product listing means dedicating time and effort to provide detailed information about the product. You will need to constantly review it, and concentrate on the fundamental objective behind the products offered by your company.
To make your life easier, here are our 12 tips to make your Amazon keyword optimization techniques more effective:
- When placing keywords, don’t repeat any words or stuff them in your content pages.
- Completely avoid using quotation marks which will limit your keyword’s overall allowable characters.
- Include a variety of synonyms or spellings in your Amazon keyword usage.
- Keep in mind that commas and other punctuations are ignored when applying keywords.
- Follow an SEO guide on how to supplement the efficacy of your keywords.
- Create titles that are an adaptation or will comply with Amazon’s own taxonomy.
- Have a description that talks about the details and technical features of your products.
- Integrate positive reviews, testimonies, or comments received from previous clients.
- Immediately answer queries or need for additional information regarding the products that you offer.
- Apply the things you’ve learned from your customer’s experiences, complaints, or recommendations about your brand, items, and services.
- Make use of product or service descriptions to tell a story and bring your target market closer to the heart of your brand.
- Images which you used for your product listings should be compatible with Amazon’s computer and mobile interface.
Did you learn anything new that you think would be helpful for your Amazon business? Share your insights by letting us know in the comments below. We would love to hear from you!
Jayce is the managing director of Seller Interactive, an Amazon advertising agency committed to building brands on Amazon. His content marketing expertise has led him to work with brands such as Toyota and GoDaddy, producing content that has reached over 20M views in a month. He is ready to assist D2C brands by offering services in Amazon suspension to PPC management.