Using Google Maps “Timeline” feature, you can view the routes and locations you’ve traveled. This feature premiered in 2015 along with the capability to collect exactly the images you took at the locations. Currently, this feature is designed for Google Map program variant 9.12 and also above.
The Google Maps Timeline records your location history so that you can view any specific location of one week, a month, or even a year. Google Maps is a web mapping service from Google, and it’s been an important tool for finding anonymous places and paths.
It was launched in 2005, and ever since then it’s offering satellite images, maps, real-time traffic, and route likely to users globally. For Android and i-OS devices, the Google Map’s application was released in 2018, now, it is employed by over a thousand users worldwide.
Now, this post can allow you to view your location history on Google Maps app as well as the manner in which you can delete and disable location history.
So, read together.
How to Look at Google Map’s Location History on Android If where you are History has been turned”On”, you will see all locations you’ve gone to at the Timeline.
Follow the below steps to view location history.
- Open the Google Maps program in your Android device.
- Tap on Your Own Google Profile icon near the research bar.
- Nowtap Your Own Time-line.
- You will realize the places you visited, each day or a month past. If you would like to view locations on a specific date, then tap on Display calendar.
- Simply swipe left or right and choose the evening of this month you seen the location.
How to View Google Map’s Location History on I-OS
It’s possible to view your location only if your location history is switched”On”.
To see your location record, follow the below steps
- Open the Google Maps app on your I-OS device.
- Tap on your Google Profile icon near the research bar.
- Currently , tap on Your Own Time-line .
- You will understand the places you seen, each day or a month ago. If you want to view locations in a particular date, then tap on Show calendar
- Simply swipe left or right and pick the day of the month you seen the place.
- Directions to Delete/Remove Google Map’s Location History
Delete Google Map’s Location History: Android
- First, tap Google Maps to start it.
- After it opens, tap your Google profile near the hunt bar.
- Next, tap on Settings.
- On the Settings menu and under Account Settings, then tap Maps background .
- The Maps Activity page will soon open.
- Saw the 3 dots on top right corner? Tap on it.
- In the drop-down menu, then tap Delete activity by.
- Choose the hunt history duration you wish to remove also to verify, tap on
Delete Google Map’s Location Background: i-OS
- Harness Google Maps on your own iOS device.
- After it opens, then tap your Google profile . It’s close to the hunt bar.
- Now, tap Settings.
- Tap on Maps history. It is beneath Accounts Settings on the Settings
- The Maps Activity page will open up. Tap on the three dots at top right corner.
- And from the drop-down menu, tap Play task by.
- Select the search history’s duration you want to eliminate and tap Publish to confirm.
- Directions to Discontinue Google Maps from monitoring your location
- The Google Maps location history feature is very helpful. Still, it consistently tracks your local area, which is against somebody’s privacy.
Don’t you worry, it can be turned off/disabled, also we’ve provided the steps for that below.
Disable Google Map’s Location Tracking: Android
- On your Google Maps Timeline, tap over the 3 dots at the top right of your screen.
- In the pop up menu, then tap on Settings.
- Currently tap on Location History is really over.
- When on the Location History page, turn off the history. Simply swipe to your leftside.
- After done, Google will stop tracking where you are plus you will not find a way to view the Timeline.
Disable Google Map’s Location Tracking: iOS
- Open the Google Maps app on Your Own iOS device.
- Tap in Your Own Google Profile icon close to the hunt bar.
- Currently, tap Your Timeline and tap over the 3 dots at the top right.
- Tap on Settings from the pop up menu,
- Currently , tap Location History is around.
- About the Place History site, turn off the location history.
- Once done, Google will cease monitoring your place
Best Reference – publickiss