The Keto Diet is simply burning fat with fat. Long ago, the Keto diet was used only for certain health problems. However, the Keto Diet is now being used as a weight loss weapon without caring about many health risks. Many people say that people in foreign countries are also fit by using the Keto diet. Not only this, diabetics are also being advised to follow the Keto diet.
Those who are overweight are advised to follow the Keto diet without explaining the advantages and disadvantages of the Keto diet. We don’t know how much priority is given to whether a person is physically ready for the keto diet or not. Beside Keto diet is the best weight loss tips without exercise.
If you follow this keto diet then you will achieve your desired body weight as well as all the health issues of your will be solved. On the other hand, it helps in weight loss as well. There you will find out numerous people who see the aid of this diet just to lose few amounts of body weight simply and naturally. However, one should always remember the thing that it should take only limited portions so that, it could not create any side effects in your body. Hence, before starting this diet, read all the important things related with this diet.
What is the Keto Diet?
First of all, I would like to talk about our eating habits. About 45-65% of our daily caloric needs come from sugary foods, 20-35% from fats and 10-35% from protein. Carbohydrates are the main energy source of our body. Sugary foods are used as the main source of energy in our body. The Keto diet generally means that the diet is high in fat, followed by protein and low in sugar. The Keto diet is a diet that is 60% fat, 15% protein and 5% sugar. Basically, the main purpose of this diet is to reduce the sugar in the diet.
When we reduce or eliminate carbohydrates from our diet, the main energy source of the body, our body will produce energy by consuming stored fat and weight loss will begin.
The main fuel in our brain is glucose. Our brain uses glucose stored in the liver and muscles when we stop eating carbohydrates from outside. This stored glucose will be depleted within 2-4 days of starting the ‘keto diet’ and the metabolic state that will be formed in the body is called ketosis. At this stage our body will break down the stored fat and ‘ketone body’ will be formed.
Since glucose is the main fuel in the brain, the brain cannot use the ketone body at the beginning of the keto diet, but after following this diet for some time, the brain gains the ability to use ketones.
During the ‘Keto Diet’ the fat is broken down and spread to different parts of the body through all the bloodstream. This fat can build up in the arteries of the heart and stop the flow of blood, which can lead to heart attacks.
In cases where the Keto diet is dangerous
- We should take at least 25-35 grams of fiber every day to stay healthy. We need to consume enough vegetables and fruits every day to get the fiber our body needs. However, since the Keto diet does not contain more than 5% sugar, it is unlikely that the daily fiber requirement will be met.
- Not only is it important to eat vegetables and fruits to meet your fiber needs, but fiber is also essential to our body’s need for essential minerals. Not having enough fiber in the food list means not meeting the daily requirement of minerals.
- If a person has thyroid disease, he cannot be given a keto diet. This is because the extra fatty foods do not allow thyroid function to function properly.
- The keto diet is not for obese people who have high blood pressure or heart disease.
- This diet is not acceptable for people who have stomach upset or digestive problems. Since, it is not possible to get enough fiber, as a result constipation will go to a terrible level.
- Just as it is important for people with diabetes to control their blood sugar, too much control can lead to hypoglycaemia, and even diabetics can go into a diabetic coma. Therefore, the risk of adverse effects of keto diet on diabetic patients is very high.
- The risk of intestinal complications as a result of following the Keto diet is very normal. Diarrhea, abdominal pain or vomiting can occur in people who are following the Keto diet without any worries.
- Another danger of the Keto diet is that following this diet can make our liver dysfunctional. This is because breaking down fats and proteins to make glucose puts extra pressure on the liver. Resulting in high levels of ammonia.
As a result, the keto diet produces extra ketone body and it is excreted through the kidneys. Excess ketones put pressure on the kidneys which can lead to kidney dysfunction.